Cutting out ("Check Engine" Light comes on). Any suggestions welcome.

Car; 9000cse 16v Turbo, 1991.

Hello all, when pressing the brakes, the revs die & sometimes the engine cuts out. It starts again fine for a time but this keeps happening!

Fault light "check engine" comes on and off (was on for a day, but is off now)

Some history... I had car serviced 3 weeks ago;

  • Engine oil changed
  • Oil filter changed
  • Fuel filter changed
Reply to
Stevie_mac

I have a 9-5, '00 model and had the same problem with my car. The Check Engine light was constant - but when I braked the engine cut. Saab fixed it the same day, they said that in my case it was som problems with the turbo (if I remember correct) and due to that the car goes in a limp home mode. They fixed the problem, upgraded the software in the car and took the car out of limp home mode.

It all cosed me about $100

Regards Tore

Reply to
Tore ML

starts again fine for a time but this

Before anything check the hooter valve a.k.a turbo by-pass-valve.

The black valve that connects the turbo outlet to inlet and is consumable thingee...

Try instructions on Quasi's site:

(your's may look a bit different than in the pictures, but valve is easy to find) Hope this helps, SuoTimo

Reply to
SuoTimo