Dad's knee

What's happened to my knee then? Woke up this morning with a sore left knee, no reason for any damage that I know of. I can't quite straighten it without it hurting, and I can't quite squat down to a flat thigh before it hurts. After sitting it hurts to straighten it, but once moving around it's not much of a problem. Thanks in eager anticipation!!

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Umm... sorry, the wrong pigeon got hold of this! However the knee problem may be Saab related as I was bending over the

96 all day, putting in a Pertronix and Blue Coil!!!
Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

The clutch on 9000's has always been a bit stiff. The muscles on my left thigh look twice as big as my other leg. Guess it's just the price you pay for driving an old Saab :)

HTH

Reply to
Nasty Bob

Hello? Yes? And where'd you find a blue coil please?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Bosch sells them, so does Chip Lamb, $129 with a V4 Pertronix kit.

MH

My local sparky found it for me in Auckland. It is one of the good "Made in Brazil" type. 0 221 119 027 - 740 Seems to work ok. Had to have the vacuum-advance rebuilt as well, as it had a leak in it. I shall have a go at the Positive pressure valve, on top of the inlet manifold today and clean it up, and the car should be ready for our local classic car show on Sunday.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

I did not know that was possible. Looks like an unrepairable sealed unit to me.

Reply to
MH

Yes, I thought so, but there is one man in Christchurch, NZ, who apparently does all these for the whole of nz! Took the car for a run just now and it is much smoother with all the changes.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith