DI Fire

Thanks for the Saab 800 number for help

I was vacationing down the Florida with my Aero Wagon

I Tried to start it and it wouldnt ... soon smoke came out from under the hood.

I turned off the ignition and the smoke stopped.

I called the 800 number and the sent a truck down to take it to Jacksonville for repairs

It was under guarantee so the truck and repair was free

Jacksonville never called me back eventhough I gave them my motel number

So I called 800 again and they called Jacksonville and go through ... Jacksonville said I never gave them a number

on the replair slip the advisor's name was Jesse James ?????

I suppose the DI is the thing that has the four coils for the spark plugs

Why does this go ... ON a trip ... how do you know that it is not dependable.

On the Saab that I had before this, the DI failed .... ??????????

Reply to
jffwight

jffwight wrote:

Reply to
Robert Brown

You know - depending on what exactly created an actual 'puff of smoke' and 'fire' from a DI that young - you may well not want to follow up and hope it is stolen. Perhaps win-win for everybody.. :/ ..

Reply to
Dexter J

NO NO I didndt explain myself completely I did get the car back and it was fixed under the guarantee

but I did post this same message on the Saab builitin board and they censored it .... it never showed up freedom of speech ?????

John Wight

The saabnet.com domain (The Saab Network) is not affiliated with Saab Cars USA or Saab Automobile AB. The site owner, Scott Paterson, is well known for censoring posted articles and whole article threads on his site. Btw, freedom of speach is not relevant as saabnet.com is a private site and the owner is free to remove whatever he wants from it. Freedom of speach would be relevant if the government did the censoring.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

John Wight wrote: :: NO NO I didndt explain myself completely :: I did get the car back and it was fixed under the guarantee :: :: but I did post this same message on the Saab builitin board :: and they censored it .... it never showed up :: freedom of speech ?????

Naaah, just the fact that Scott Paterson is a complete moron...

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

I don't think you know the half of it, Robert...

There's a guy here in the US (I forget where) who goes by that moniker, who has a TV show where they take cars and chop them up with torches and sawzalls and such, then they weld them back together into all sorts of silly mobile inventions. Show's called "Monster Garage" I think... Maybe his SAAB is presently being reshaped into a "Turbo-charged Loo" or something similar...

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

Good sign.

Very good luck.

Not so hot.

It could be Bill Clinton, as long as they did a good job.

sure does. few bolts and one connector, and it's off. Ditto and it's on.

How many miles on the car? They will typically last 65000 to 100,000 miles (give or take a few). It's electronics on a hot engine. There's a known limited life on any DI cassette, regardless of manufacturer. This is going to happen on any car that uses a DI, sooner or later.

You should be good for another 65000 miles minimum, from what I've heard.

Harvey

At what mileage?

H.

Reply to
Harvey White

The really stupid thing about the whole show is if they do not make it work (there was a delorean that was supposed to be a hovercraft), they destroy the car. No more making it work, no donations to a worthy cause, all the stuff (free) that they were given is just destroyed.

Won't watch that one again.

Harvey

Reply to
Harvey White

It only had 43000 on it .. Im going to write saab, to thank them for the 800 service and what they think about my problem

Reply to
jffwight