Ethanol ?

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Dave Hinz at snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote on 30/03/2006 20:12:

I really don't follow - that's like causing an accident from behind. So, I mention, what? You talk about how grateful we should be for the US "helping us out" in WW2 and tell me I made you do it? What?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

in article C04F2DF9.269F% snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk, Paul Halliday at snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 28/03/2006 18:16:

Concept for the moment, but ...

What's that _extra_ 666 Nm of torque delivered by the rear wheel engine? Wow!

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

I can't wait for Saab's ethanol BioPower engine. I was almost thinking of buying an E85 capable Chevy Impala until the Saab arrives. Chevy has a better E85 flex-fuel system now than in previous models, but still no where near as good as what Saab is proposing.

I live in northeastern Illinois and there is a selection of E85 stations. According to

the only E85 station in Oregon is in Portland. It is privately owned (Bonneville Power Administration) with no public access. Who knows, by the time the BioPower engine is available in 2008(?) there might be more stations in your area.

Walt Kienzle

1991 9000T
Reply to
Walt Kienzle

Walt,

You might want to call those stations and verify. I think that's the site I looked at last year, which said there were 6 stations in the Milwaukee area. Called 'em all, and all of 'em either had no idea what I was talking about, or didn't carry it anymore (?!?!?!?).

Flexibility is good, so you can fuel anywhere, but if there isn't any E85 in the area, ...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

All the stations on the list which I visited have E85; I have never had a problem with false listings. Last time I bought E85 (in February) it was $1.69 a gallon. Regular was $2.39 at the time.

Reply to
Walt Kienzle