FAO "Pooh" 9k air mass meter

Trawling the net for info on my broken air mass meter today and an old news post came up with your name on it. You said you replaced the meter with a known good one, but it didn't help and you wondered if there was something that needed to be reset...

I know we're talking about different models (i've got a 9K) but I'm just about to pay £70 for a second hand unit from a car breakers on the internet and I just wondered if you resolved your problem and how you did it??

Cheers

Reply to
Nasty Bob

Me ?

I haven't replaced an air mass meter. I may have mentioned one in passing.

I do have a 9k though.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

OK - sorry, my mistake!

Reply to
Nasty Bob

bob,

how did it go? I have not had good luck with replacing AMMs with used ones. The lh 2.2 cars can be adjusted to cure some AMM problems (-87). The LH 2.4/2.4.2 cars are best to replace with a rebuilt (88-93). Make sure you get the proper AMM. The 2.0L have a different unit than the

2.3L cars. Rebuilt or new units have been tested to ensure that the internal electronics are balanced and functioning properly.

YMMV,

KeithG

Nasty Bob wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

Hey Keith -

Had a bit of trouble finding the exact Bosch part number but eventually found a local breaker who had the exact part for £50. 10 mins later it was in and she was running better than ever. And the check engine light is now permanently off for the first time since I bought the car. No more stalling in the middle of the road :)

Cheers

Reply to
Nasty Bob