fitting foglights to pre-1986 C900 - any tips/advice/gotcha's, etc.?

Hi,

I know that the very early (1979 up to about 1985) Saab 900's didn't come with provision for foglights, but I would like to see if I can install some onto my C900 (late 1982 build).

There are places on Ebay selling brand new foglight mounting bracket kits, and getting lights isn't a hassle either. The challenge would be wiring and integrating it all into the existing electrical configuration.

Has anyone done this with a 900 which wasn't designed with provision for foglights in mind?

Craig.

PS. My current challenge is changing the wiper mechanism in my C900 with the one in the donor C900 I bought recently. The one in my active car broke the other night (when it was raining!). Looks like the circlip holding the driver's side (right hand - I'm in Australia remember!) wiper shaft in place came off and the wheel around which the metal cable wraps to transfer rotational force from the electric motor fell off! All over the road somewhere around where I was at the time...

I was hoping to get the other one out without too much trouble but the air-con compressor is in the way. Needless to say as soon as I get some non-rainy weather I'll remove the air-con compressor and other stuff like some of the radiator hoses and remove the wiper mech to put into my going car.

I have another one on order from an Ebay seller but I can't wait two weeks for it to get here! 8-)

PPS. Those rubber boots which sit around the wiper shafts - anyone know where to get new ones for a decent price? Being 20 years old the ones on both C900's I have here are in pretty bad condition.

-- Craig Ian Dewick ( snipped-for-privacy@lios.apana.org.au).

APANA Sydney Regional Co-ordinator. Operator of Jedi (an APANA Sydney POP). Always striving for a secure long-term future in an insecure short-term world Have you exported a crypto system today? Do your bit to undermine the NSA.

Reply to
Craig Ian Dewick