foggy windows

I checked my recirc flap because my windows get foggy sometimes. What is most likely? Is this a mechanical or electrical problem?

Reply to
Wido van Krieken

Leaky window seal ---> wet interior.

Reply to
MH

If the vehicle is in the UK I would say that what is most likely is that the vehicle has been removed from it's vacuum pack ;-).

In all seriousness you could have water pooling under some seats or below a floor mat somewhere. I'm assuming that you don't have a blocked drain for your A/C system?

Reply to
joe schmoe

I opened the aquarium and saw that the flap is not openening... "Wido van Krieken" schreef in bericht news:4391e228$0$84872$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.nl...

Reply to
Wido van Krieken

The moisture comes from humans or animals breathing in the car. You should never use the recirc button full stop, make sure it's off. You can increase the speed of de-fogging by selecting the demist position and closing the three air wents, that will lead all air up to the windscreen.

Reply to
Johannes

You presumably don't operate your car in wet tropical/sub-tropical conditions. The fastest way to demist in humid weather to put the ACC onto recirculate. This rapidly dries the in-cabin air and reduces input of humid air from outside. All of the glass in the car gets demisted quickly this way.

Reply to
ShazWozza

Had this problem on my 9k couple of years back. Ended up replacing the flap actuating motor. Other causes (could be contributing to the problem) are as suggested in the thread - i.e. 'recirc' button activated, leaky door/window seals, leaky heater matrix, blocked ACC drains. But if the motor trucketh not, then you may end up going down the same route as me....

Reply to
Pidgeonpost

Although the original poster's problem may indeed be the flap ... I think you are correct but ...

I find too that if I keep the recirculation ON or airconditioning OFF all the windows start misting up. Now this happens in the UK in winter, which is rather wet etc. To a lesser extent it can also happen at summer time.

I think (can't remember exactly) the manual says that the air con (in a

1997 9k model) does not operate if the temperature outside is below 6 or 8 degrees centigrade. If my recollection is correct it means that in winter time we have no airconditioning aiding the demisting process. Which would explain why with recirculation on the car mists up even more as there is no way for the moisture to escape.

Confused in Scotland Charles

PS. Air con was checkec topped up last summer ... and it did make a lot of difference.

Reply to
Charles C.