foggy windows help needed

I have a 94 saturn and when its cold out side or raining all the windows gets so foggy inside I have to roll the windows down or be constantly wiping all the windows and the defroster works only on the windshield rear glass has a defroster install in the glass it's ok I just found the n/g and dont know if the problem has been posted before thanks

Reply to
holley10

Do you run the AC and set the temp to HOT? ...I used to have good luck with the AC.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Make sure recirc=OFF. This is in your owners manual.

Reply to
Jay Bollyn

Under some conditions, a leaking heater core could be putting a lot of moisture into the air inside the car.

thanks

Reply to
Graham

Make sure that the inside of the glass is clean. Any dust or other schmutz on the glass gives moisture a better place to condense and create fogging. Use a good glass cleaner and a squeegee.

On my '01 lw300 at least, the defogger position will automatically turn on the A/C (regardless of the setting of the a/c button). Problem is at low temperatures, the a/c will not dehumidify. So, in very humid weather near freezing, the only recourse is to leave the window open a crack and crank the heat in defrost mode.

Make sure that the recirculate control is off. It may be more energy efficient to recirculate the air but if the a/c can't dehumidify it, the problem only gets worse.

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie