Saab 900-II: 2 or 3 headrestraints in the rear?

My Saab 900-II only has 2 headrestraints in the rear, one on the right and one on the left. I'm wondering whether I mislaid the middle one or whether it wasn't there when I bought the car. The "holes" to add a third one are there though. Any ideas?

Reply to
james

We used to own a NG 900, and we didn't have a central head restraint either, though the mounting holes were there in the seat back.. Since we bought 2nd hand I don't know if it was an optional extra but I doubt it. When I have seen them fitted they are a different shape, sort of flat and wide rather than tall. They come up on ebay from time to time.

Al

Reply to
Al

Mine had two when I bought it used (96 SE). The orig owner said it came with only two and didn't know you could put one in the middle.

I bought the center one from the dealer and it really adds to the look of the car from behind. It looks just like the other two. You have to assemble them.

Reply to
rst