FYI - newer 9-5 Keys work on older 9-5 models

I lost one of my keys and the remote-opener for my 99 9-5, the one with a separate key and remote-opener. I had seen the single key/remote for the

2001 model year and wondered if it would work with my older car.

I bought one on eBay, had it cut to work with my car and then programmed at the dealer. All is well.

AND I no longer have to have the keyfob with the key, just the single key.

dunno if anyone else had tried this, but it was an experiment for me that worked out well.

Reply to
Bill Jackson

That is very good to know, I had wondered this as well. Thanks for posting this.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yes, did it about 2 years ago when my wife lost her big bertha key, only I bought it from the Saab dealer, and it cost an arm and a leg, and nearly as much to get it cut by the locksmith.

Guess who got the new key-ring sized key - not me!

--=20 Regards, Peter Wilkins

Reply to
Peter Wilkins