Duplicating Lexus Keys

Here is the complete how to on getting duplicate Lexus keys on the cheap.

  1. Visit
  2. Search for lexus remote keys or click here instead -
    me 55$ for a remote key and 20$ for a flat key.3. Choose the appropriate key for your year and make. Win the bid4. Once you receive the keys visit a good locksmith and get the keyscut. Cost me 10$.

PROGRAMMING TRANSPONDER KEY You MUST have an already programmed master key in order to program in more keys.

Key program ONE

  1. Insert an already programmed master key into the ignition. Do not turn.
  2. Press and release the gas pedal 5 times.
  3. Press and release the brake pedal 6 times.
  4. Remove the key from the ignition.
  5. Insert the new key you want to program into the ignition.
  6. Press and release the gas pedal one time.
  7. Wait 1 minute. The security light will be blinking for this one minute. When it stops blinking your key is programmed. To end programming step on brake one time.

Key Program TWO

  1. Close all doors.
  2. Insert an already programmed master key into the ignition.
  3. Turn the key from the OFF to On (without starting the engine) and back OFF FIVE (5) times.
  4. Open and close the drivers door SIX (6) times.
  5. Remove the key from the ignition.
  6. Insert the new key you want to program into the ignition.
  7. Wait 1 minute. The security light will be blinking for this one minute. When it stops blinking your key is programmed. To end programming step on brake one time.

REMOTE PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE ONE

  1. Close and lock all doors. Unlock and open drivers door. Leave the door open.
  2. Put key into ignition and remove. Do not turn it on.
  3. Using the electric lock switch (on drivers door) . Lock and unlock
5 times.
  1. Close and open drivers door. Leave the door open.
  2. Using the electric lock switch. Lock and unlock 5 times.
  3. Put key into ignition. Turn to "ON" (without starting the engine), turn off and remove.
  4. You will see the door locks cycle by themselves.
  5. On the remote, press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK button at the same time for 2 seconds.
  6. On the remote, press the LOCK button for 1 second. AT THIS POINT, the locks should cycle by themselves ONE time. This means the procedure was accepted. IF the locks cycle twice it has failed. IF this happens you must start over. Hold the remotes higher up for better reception.

10.Close and open door to end programming procedure.

REMOTE PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE TWO

  1. Close and lock all doors. Unlock and open drivers door. Leave the door open.
  2. Put key into ignition and remove TWO TIMES.
  3. Close and open the drivers door TWO TIMES.
  4. Put key into the ignition and remove.
  5. Close and open the drivers door two times. Leave the door open.
  6. Put key into the ignition. Close the drivers door.
  7. Turn ignition ON (without starting the engine) then OFF ONE TIME- this will put the car in ADD mode for your remote. (Turning the ignition ON then OFF TWO TIMES will ADD the remote but will erase all existing remotes.)
  8. Remove the key from the ignition. The door locks will cycle one time (or two if you are erasing) . On the REMOTE press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK button for 2 seconds. On the REMOTE press the LOCK button for one second.

AT THIS POINT, the locks should cycle by themselves ONE time. This means the procedure was accepted. IF the locks cycle twice it has failed. IF this happens you must start over. Hold the remotes higher up for better reception

  1. Open and close the drivers door. Put key in ignition and pull out. This will end programming.
Reply to
Totaltully

Good grief !!!!!!! Is this for real ? How much does Lexus charge for a new Key?

Reply to
mcbrue

When we owned a RX300 (01), the key shell broke in my wife's purse when the car was a little over a year old. The replacement key and programming which was not covered by warranty was around $220.0.

Reply to
tww1491

Here is some information I gathered recently when I had to get a new (master) key for my 2002 ES300. I had no master key.

If you have a car older than 2002 AND you have lost both Master keys (flat key and valet key are NOT master keys) - THEN Cost at dealership is about $1200 for one key - this includes changing/reprogramming the ECU. Don't know if local locksmith can do this.

If your car is newer than 2002 model AND you have lost both master keys THEN Cost at dealership is $365 Cost at local locksmith including EVERYTHING is about $150.

I did buy a key from ebay (about $65) and then brought it to the local locksmith who was able to - cut the key - reprogram my ECU - program the Master key - program the remote for total cost of $70, bringing the total cost of new master key to $135. For those living n central New Jersey - the local guy I went to was Apple Locksmith on Rt 9 in Morganville (or it might be Old Bridge). This guy had the blank key too - I found out later.

Also note that these master keys have a tendency to break - so if it breaks during warranty period, good dealer is likely to replace it free of cost. You may have to push a bit.

AJ

Reply to
newsgroups

One of the reasons we traded in 03 for a Pilot. The maintenance cost for the RX 300 over a 30k mile period was 4 times that spent for my 01 Honda Prelude.

Reply to
tww1491