gasoline grade - how important?

Agreed and "me too," but go back forty years and I'm sure it's way over average.

Yes. I'm usually able to work from home one day in five, which knocks the

45 minutes down to more like an effective 36... :)

No, and worse, it seems to be short haul trips - where a car is least efficient.

Reply to
DervMan

Well, I'm in Europe and drive 20-30 minutes (one way) to work. If I were to take a bus, the same trip would take 1 hour... Talk about decent MTS... Today I was at the petrol station to fill the '72 Sonett - it needs 98 RON with lead substitute - that was 1.60 euro /litre! (>US$7.50/gallon). Sure takes the fun out of driving a vintage SAAB.

Reply to
MH

I'm in So Cal, and I also have a 30 minute commute one way. I have an option of taking a train, but if I do that it would take me almost two hours door to door. I'd have to get to the train station, then get on the train (3 minute train ride), then figure out some way of getting from teh train station to the office since there is about a 10 minute trip from the station to the office by car and taxis are a rarity and hte local shuttle does not go to my office.

Then do the whole thing again in the afternoon. And considering the trains don't run very frequently I'd wind up getting home later.

And of course I'd miss the f> > Most areas in US unlike much of Europe do not have decent mass transit

Reply to
Craig M. Bobchin

Hardly seems worth taking the train for a 3 minute ride! :-)

The right attitude! Consider driving your car as entertainment, then spending $6 in gas to get to work doesn't seem so bad.

(Remember that when gas prices hit $4 a gallon in a month. $3 a gallon will seem like the good 'ol days)

Reply to
- Bob -