Handsfree car kit in 2002 9-5

I just fitted a CARK-1W handsfree car kit into my 2002 9-5. Basically I followed the excellent instructions provided at

. Thank you Simon Gould! It was simpler than fitting the CARK-91 because the CARK-1W is a bluetooth kit and does not have an aerial connection so all I had to do was remove the radio, sid and acc control. The glovebox was left intact.

I works very well except that there is too much delay in muting the radio and switching the phone through. If you make a call (using voice dialling or the phone keypad) then the call can be answered before you get to hear it. I wonder if this is a function of the car audio, my phone (Nokia 6310) or the CARK-1W. Anyone know?

Reply to
Jim

Answering my own question, I had the firmware in the phone upgraded to the latest version (5.1) and the radio mutes immedately. I also found out that you can access the firmware version details by keying *#0000#

Reply to
Jim