UK 1998 9-3 audio problems

hi all.

Newbie here.

have recently purchased a 98 S reg Saab 9-3 2.0iS 5 door hatchback.

I have the 6 speaker version without amplifier. I have a sony ericsson HCB300 model bluetooth car kit and I am trying to fit it.

The stereo unit has a sticker on it that tells me the phone mute and remote antenna connections, and I am using the grd and always live from the same block (the larger of the 3 blocks on the back.

I am using the mic and speaker the handsfree kit came with, but when I connect the mute wire, the dashboard display shows telephone and the radio is muted, however thephone is not making or receiving a call.

Remove the wire and the phone connection via bluetooth is killed and the radio comes back on, put the wire back, the phone connects again but the radio dies?

I am confused, any one able to help

Reply to
,mn,mn,mn,