Hard starting - 900 1995 2.0L Turbo

Have to crank it and crank it. I suspect a fuel delivery issue - it wants to stall out after starting, and I sometimes have to nurse it along for a minute or so before it stabilizes. With my old 96's and even 99's I would have known where to look for this sort of thing, but with all the monitoring and metering systems on the more recent models, I really don't know if it's more likely to be a "hardware" issue (eg fuel pump) or a programming issue (some box that needs replacing or calibrating). Could also be an ignition issue. Any ideas for further diagnostics or typical issues here would be appreciated.

Greg

Reply to
Greg Farris

Forgot to add : Hard start is only with engine cold. If I stall at an intersection (which happens, because the stupid automatic clutch cable is way out of adjustment) then it starts right up.

This furthers the suspicion of a fuel system issue (lack of pressure?), but then, maybe I'm just thinking the old-fashioned way...

GF

Reply to
Greg Farris