Hard starting 760 Turbo

I have an 89 Volvo 760 turbo that just started to become hard to start yesteday. It does not seem to happen all the time but two out of four starts yesterday were very difficult ( I had to crank the engine about 6-10 times) the other two times it started fine. All the starts were on a warm engine (not sitting longer than 4 hours). I am guessing fuel pump but it seems to run fine once I get going. What else should I be looking for?

Thanks,

Robert

Reply to
Roberto

If it runs normally when warm then the fuel pump is probably fine. I think there's a checkvalve somewhere that maintains pressure when off, it could be leaking.

Reply to
James Sweet