hard starting 9000

Hi Group,

My wife has a 1996 9000 non turbo. It has to crank extra long, between

6-10 seconds, before starting. This is constant, hot or cold. Winter is almost here and such a drain might create problems. Is it possible that the fuel drains back to the tank? that what it acts like!

Hope someone has a quick (and cheap) fix for this problem.

Thanks Gang, Joe

Reply to
joe

Has this started overnight or gradually? Blocked fuel filter? (either from age or a bad batch of fuel) Low fuel pump pressure? Best guesses I've got from over here. System is pressurised so you shouldn't bleed all your fuel back unless it's been standing for at least some days. Cheers

Reply to
hippo

Hi joe,

On my 1999 9-3 I had a positive battery cable corroded, creating a hot spot that got my starting times progressively slower. I traced the corrosion back to a leaking post in my battery that was "fuming" on the cable so I changed the battery and the cable.

Beautiful starts since then.

I guess, check all your electricals and make sure they're in good working order.

Cheers, Ben

Reply to
Ben