High Beams Stuck On

Hello,

So, I was driving ('95 900SE) at night recently, using the high beams intermittently, when all of a sudden I realized the high beams decided to stay on all the time. The blue panel light was not lit, although the high beams were always on. Then, when I turned my car off the high beams remained on, even with key out of the ignition, so I had to pull the high beam fuses to turn them off. Seems like the high beam switch next the steering wheel is broken into the "on" position. Anyone know where I can find some instructions on how to replace it? Or get to the switch and clean the contacts maybe. Then again, maybe I'm missing something simple here, an easier fix than I think.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brian

Reply to
dustoff361

Brian,

Had similar problems with 94 9000, although lights went off when switched off, they could get stuck on high beam, or not go onto main beam at all. Thought at first it was column stalk, but thumping relay box under bonnet would temporarily correct. Fixed by changing relay.

Reply to
ice_cream

I had exactly the same problem. Its not the switch but the headlight relay. Took mine apart but couldn't find any obvious fault. Quickest solution is a new/second-hand replacement

Reply to
chrisnew

Ans you can pull that switch out of the dash and replace it in about

15 seconds. Visit the local junk yard and pick one up. See if it helps.
Reply to
Bob

Thanks for the info guys, new relay it is.

Brian

Reply to
dustoff361