How to suppress seatbelt warning chime?

I wonder if anybody knows how to turn off the seatbelt warning chime? I do not mind the red light warning on the dashboard, I just do not like the 'ding-ding-ding' sound every time I get into the car.

It will be nice if the chime can be suppressed for the seatbelt warning alone. I need the chime to be on for all other errors that there might be.

In other words, I do not want to disable chimes entirely -- just for the seatbelt warning.

Thank you,

-- Nick

Reply to
Nick Monyatovsky

Buckle up :)

BR,Z

Reply to
Zon

Have it switched off with tech2

-- Why not give the forums a try?!

Murphwiz

I'm just curious....what could possibly stop you from wearing a seatbelt?

Bill

Reply to
WORSS

I can't speak for the OP but I wear my seat belt on every journey and the warning is much more of an annoyance than a help. I never forgot to wear my belt in any of my previous, warningless, cars and I resent being "reminded" to put it on whilst backing the car out of the garage or turning the ignition on to use the accessory socket. Still, at least it shuts up after a while. The real PITA is the dinging noise that goes off if you open the driver's door with the key in the ignition. That one never shuts up no matter how long it takes me to shut the garage door. One day I'll shut it up for good...

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Agree 100%. You're supposed to idle the engine for 30-60 seconds to get oil into the turbo &etc before taking off. I find that to be the perfect time to fasten my seatbelt, except for the obnoxious chime.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Fritz

Exactly why I plugged tech2 in and switched it off! Also switched off key in chime... I gotta take the key out to unlock the doors, so no fear of leaving it in... not that I would regardless!

Reply to
Murphwiz

Nice to have a tech2 unit lying around...!

Reply to
Gary Fritz

Just handy having a SAAB garage in the family! ;-)

Reply to
Murphwiz