I appear to be a Saab owner again.

Or I will be when I go to pay and collect.

It appears I drunkenly put a sniping bid in my sniping software on Friday night then promptly forgot it. Got reminded yesterday with the when the software bonged to say my bid was submitted.

Got it for a good price, so should be OK. Bit grotty round the edges but should clean up OK. I reckon the headlining will be the biggest job.

Reply to
Elder

That will teach you to compute while drinking!

Headliners are not that difficult to replace, I'd be more worried about the rust spots myself.

Planning to restore or just drive it?

Reply to
PeterD

Yeah I know, Friday night, home early for a change (only 2AM) decided to see what was happening on Twitter and suddenly Ebay seemed a cool place to start browsing. Dangerous stuff Scrumpy and real Ale.

Plan is to get it home and see if it is really any worse than the piccies look, then decide.

I've already had a couple of offers of "I'll give you what you paid plus a couple of beers".

If it is just the body work, will do something with the headlining, probably a bit far gone for drawing pins other than to get it home, and see what it needs for the MOT. If it passes OK, drive it until close to next years insurance renewal (Classic insurance, unlimited mileage as a second car £142 fully comprehensive), and do something about the body rust. It will probably be a grind back, Kurust, skim fill, sand, prime paint type do something though rather than a cut out and replace. Hatch will be the trickiest as I will need to get the tail off to give it fair chance of being fixed and not coming back.

Reply to
Elder