I think I love this one...

But it definatley won't go cheap.

I'm resigned to the fact that it will be far too expensive before I even really put a watch on it.

Reply to
Elder

Looks quite nice. The best of the ones you've put up here, anyway. Doesn't mention whether there the LPG conversion has a certificate, doesn't mention the tank size, or show the install. It's close enough to home to go and have a look at, and possibly even to take PeteM along if he's about. On the other hand, it's probably going to get a decent price. Hmm.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

That will get a decent price. Doesn't mention the Certificate, but I forgot to ask. Will try him again. Might still be worth a punt. Pete might even want to go Shadey scouser again and buy it for himself. Sometimes I post good meaning good'n'cheap and a load of old s**te. Somethimes they just seem good.

Reply to
Elder

I relisted the Octavia, I think I got a bid, that would have sold it. But Ebay pulled the auction for the heinous crime of mentioning words along the line of "Advertised elsewhere. I reserve the right to cancel the auction if sold through the other advert (subject to ebay normal cancelation conditions). That was enough for ebay to cancel the auction and inform the bidder I had broken the auction T&Cs in my description. Guess they won't be back then.

But if you post an auction using stolen details, or have photos of ladies forwarding to phishing pages so you can steal more details, fine no bother. Just don't be honest in your listing or they will scrap it.

Reply to
Elder

ISTR that the ones with WAC on the reg were something special to do with land rover, i think i read it in LRO but i'm not sure, bit vague really.

james

Reply to
john doe

I think they were normally prototypes or factory owned Demo models. That might explain that while good, it has no certificates for the LPG=20 system, but with 2 days to go, has gone past =A3700 and has 24 bids.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Immortalis Amor-Invocation

Reply to
Elder

How about a bad boy Vitara:

Abo

Not bad looking for a Vitara, I usually hate them, but too dear for what I want.

Reply to
Elder

vitara's are gay and i've seen 2 spin on wet roads so i'm doubting the off road ablity a bit on them too. plus the rag top ones always go to s**te

Reply to
Vamp

Landies and rangies roll over, but they are spotless in the muck.

Reply to
Elder

There was a thread on alt.fan.landrover a week or 2 ago about it with an ebay link. IIRC Discos with WAC at the end of the plate are the first production run, before they started fullscale production and the cars were handed out to the press and used for advertising. There was 20 made or something and they are affectionately known as G-WACs.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I've seen modded SJ410s do almost all the stuff that highly modded landrovers do. The Suzukis have a weight advantage. Can't speak for Vitaras though, nobody brought one who was prepared to get it quite that muddy.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yeah, you are right. I looked asked on their to check about it.

Reply to
Elder

I had a Daihatsu Rocky running a foot of lift and 33" BFG Mud Terrains. It went damn near everywhere. Most reliable car I ever owned. Hardly every lifted the bonnet in 12 months and that was mainly just to check there was an engine under it still.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

That one has had a lot of work done by Birch 4x4, who I know and recommend - although they're not cheap.

Looks like a 1/2 tidy Rangie that. I think it'll fetch around a grand.

Reply to
Pete M

but it's Jap s**te and therefore to be shunned.

Will you guys never learn when it comes to Jap engineering?

Oh, talking of which, I wonder if Elder would be interested in a T reg Primera SRi in black for about £800...

Reply to
Pete M

Even the old Lada Niva. Someone whapped a cast iron pre-rusted body onto a tractor chassis, and registered them for the road. Looked rough, drove badly on road, rusted to hell and were uncomfortable for any distance.

But I've seen them go places that made Land Rovers bog down. They weren't made to be civilised, they were made to die of corossion by the time the savings plan in Mother Russia paid out.

Reply to
Elder

ISTR that 'SRi' was just a trim level on those cars - so it could have the poverty 1.6 engine....

Reply to
SteveH

It's a 1.8, and it's the later shape one so it'll drive ok.

Reply to
Pete M

Probably right on the Grand part. But not much more because he doesn't have the certs for the LPG, so will cost the new owner for insurance if it gets fussy.

Reply to
Elder