I've joined the team

After three bad volvos (two 850's and a V70/lemon car), I finally unloaded it and purchased a certified 2004 Saab 9-5 Wagon with 18,000 miles. My initial impression is that the Saab offers a much more luxurious ride, quieter, and better acceleration. The linear has more HP than the base Volvo I had before. I hope this one isn't a lemon!

Reply to
Jonathan Kaplan

in article snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, Jonathan Kaplan at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 31/08/2005 02:09:

Nice one! Welcome aboard! It's a shame you had such a bad experience with Volvo; they're otherwise excellent cars. Indeed, let's hope your SAAB is a more reliable.

Paul

Vart tog vägen vägen? SAAB : Nothing on earth comes close

Reply to
Paul Halliday

IMO there's no such thing as a lemon, just incompetent mechanics. Saab and Volvo are very similar in terms of performance and dependability, both quite good but both also have quite different personalities. The 9-5 is a nice car as far as the GM Saabs go, hopefully it serves you well.

Reply to
James Sweet

Hey!! Did you steal that from me? I know I have said that exact thing before, and believe it 100% to this day. And some of the worst ones seem to be turn up at the new car dealerships that you are forced to go to for warranty repairs.

Reply to
Malt_Hound

I don't think I stole it from anyone, it's been my experience though. I've fixed a couple "lemon" cars that had relatively simple though somewhat obscure problems that the dealer had been unable to track down.

Reply to
James Sweet