Key stuck in ignition - Quick Fix?

Can't remove the key from my 1997 900 convertible 5 speed manual. Fiddled with the reverse, ignition, etc. Happened once before but it fixed itself after a few days. Going on several weeks now having to use a separate key to lock doors. Kind of risky when the top is down. Anyone know of a quick fix for this?

Ed

Reply to
Ed Kloza

Is the ignition popping up? That is, when you move it to "Lock", does the cylinder pop up at all? It should rise about 3-4mm. If not, try lubricating it with a spray lubricant that is suitable to electrical parts (that's not oil!).

From my experience, no amount of pulling on the key will do it, but a little lubricant sometimes works magic. Spray it, switch the ignition back and forth, pull on it in the lock position, etc.

Reply to
still me