Light on EDU 92 9000 T

The light on my EDU in a 1992 9000 Turbo does not work. It worked when I bought the car but the unit went dark shortly after that. Recently the sun shone on it and I noticed the battery voltage is displayed seemed resonable, so I investigated further. I can barely read the display by shining a flashlight on it but otherwise it is dark. But aside from being dark, it seems to be working!

The EDC (electronic display control) is to the left of the ACC control and I can pop that out. This contains the clock and two buttons, INFO and R (reset?). It has a sensor which controls the brightness of the EDU (electronic display unit). The EDU is mounted in the instrument panel directly under the speedometer. It shows voltage, outside temperature, mpg and miles to empty and contains the check engine light, low oil light, stuff like that. On Automatics, it also shows gearshift position (PRNDL).

So, does the EDU have a light bulb that needs replacing? Or is the fault in the EDU unit or the EDC unit which controls the light in the EDU?

I removed the ACC and the EDC and tried to reach in behind the instrument panel to where the EDU is and I cannot feel anything that feels like the EDU, so I am not sure if it pops out or if I must take apart the dash to get to it.

Advice is appreciated. This car seems to be slowly coming together.

Charles

Reply to
Charles

Never mind. I found everything I need at

What a resource!

If you have ever done this, I would still appreciate advice although by that time I may be finished with it.

Charles.

Reply to
Charles

I followed the instructions and they were fantastic. They say an hour to do the job but I think it takes much less unless you are sucking on beers a lot.

I forgot to hook up the turbo gauge so I need to do that. NABD

Charles.

Reply to
Charles