Original wheels

Can anyone link to a good site with listings of original Saab alloys? I can't seem to locate the ones on my car.

My 2001 Saab 2.0 Aero Turbo has 17'' alloys but the tyres are too wide and rubbing a little. I'll probably just put the correct width tyres on, but I was just wondering if these alloys were even from this model in the first place. At the moment I have a tri-spoke with inserts intersecting between each spoke .........probably off a later model?

Took a look at the rattle underneath (mentioned in a previous post) it was the heatshield just above the fuel tank, the hole that retains the shield to the body is annoyingly close to the outer edge and must be a common problem. Has anyone experience dealing with these? I can't afford to have the thing replaced just yet, but dare I say it...holding the whole thing in place with a larger washer would do it.

Thanks

Reply to
The English Patient

The English Patient ("The English Patient" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Here y'go...

I dunno if it's _totally_ complete, and it is slightly US-market centric, but.

Reply to
Adrian

Mine has wheels with three fat spokes and three thin ones, like this..

The tyres are 215/45 ZR17. The car is a 2001 Aero. I'm pretty sure the wheels are standard for that model in the UK. I haven't noticed any rubbing.

I've not looked at that area, but I guess any sensible fix would be better than the current situation...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

"The English Patient" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Look under accessories, choose Rims and choose your model Saab.

Reply to
Henrik B.

Thanks - and Adrian and Colin....the wheels I have appear to be the 3 spoke nail, not entirely sure they were original to my W plate Saab though>?

Does anyone have any knowledge of how this car would have originally been set up. I'm thinking of things like heated seats...an extra option? I have heated wing mirrors and electric seats

Thanks

Reply to
The English Patient

Why did they change to 5 wheel nuts? 4 nuts is quicker, and some French cars once used only 3 nuts.

Reply to
johannes

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@sizef35356666itter.com...

Because the suspension and more, comes from Opel, that uses 5 nuts. ;o))

Reply to
Henrik B.

I haven't felt any wheel problems with my 9000. Maybe it's just marketing.

Reply to
johannes

I'm not sure how much of it was standard, but my 51 reg Aero came with:-

2.0 HOT engine "turbo" gauge Traction control Cruise control Leather seats Electric and heated front seats Front foglights Auto climate control SID 2 CD changer Rear spoiler with a gap under it Side skirts

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

It could be that the cars are getting heavier all the time and they've calculated that they needed an extra bolt to maintain their conservative strength margin.

On the other hand, they could just be keeping up with BMW.

I'm going for option B...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Maybe like lorry wheels then; they use many more wheel nuts. A colleague of mine told me that a friend had keen killed by a fluke accident as he was hit by a lorry wheel, or a part of it that had worked free. Hence, you now see those small widgets under the nuts pointing straight towards each other. That makes it easy to spot any loose wheel nut on an 18 wheeler.

Reply to
johannes

Yes, I'm missing the cruise control and heated seats.. The dummy switches mocking me at every turn, but compared to some of the Saabs I looked at this was by far the better purchase. This is 2.0 Hot Aero is a nice car, best I have ever had and I've tried a few different makes. Its only been 3 months but I already feel as if I want to sort out all the little glitches and repair any neglect. Being careful in 1st gear is a small price to pay for the smile it puts on my face

Reply to
The English Patient

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@sizef35356666itter.com...

The fact is, that the (hjulnav?) came of the shelf from Opel - they weren't allowed to develop new/use old, as it was cheaper to use what GM buys cheap already. :o))

Reply to
Henrik B.