Why MY is my Saab?

My 9000 CSE was registered August 1993. I understand that there were some differences between MY 1993 and 1994. How do I find out the MY?

Reply to
johannes

johannes (johannes ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

It says "MY90" on the E-marking sticker near the VIN plate on my 900, I'd presume the 9k was similar.

Reply to
Adrian

The engine in my 9k is a B202, I think MY94 started B204?

Reply to
johannes

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@size446675775fitter.com...

Use your VIN! The 10th digit is the modelyear:

A = 1980 B = 1981 C = 1982 ..... N = 1993 O = 1994

Reply to
Henrik B.

Reply to
Henrik B.

What differences are there?

Reply to
johannes

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@size446675775fitter.com...

Up until 1993 (incl.) Saab used the engine called "Short". It was changed from 1994. It was than called the "long engine". They're not interchangeable - neither are the gearboxes.

Reply to
Henrik B.

I know that the 2.0L got balancer shafts in 1994, whereas the 2.3 already had them. The front indicator lenses changed from orange to white.

Reply to
johannes

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@size446675775fitter.com...

Yup. And that's pretty much it. :o)

Are you still an emigrant? :o))

Reply to
Henrik B.

I'm not an emigrant. Just happen to work in UK. Just happen to have done so over many years. Just happens.

Reply to
johannes

"johannes" skrev i meddelelsen news: snipped-for-privacy@sizefi354666634tter.com...

;o))