Ping Fred W

Saluatations:

I picked up part of an old thread of yours I think - you seemed to have a link to PDF to call and clear codes on a 93 9000CSE.. Any chance you still have a copy or know where it is now?

Looking at a Tech II scantool and was wondering if there was any way to work around it..

Reply to
Dexter J

Yes, it is on Townsend's web site. He seems to have a dynamic IP address but you should be able to get to it at:

and then search around. But as I recall it will only display the Trionic codes, no clearing.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

Thank you kindly.

So - any chance you know the which scantool for the 93 AERO - TechII or ISAT? My feeling at this point is I can bypass the local dealer 'service manager' entirely if I can pick up the correct scantool. I know this isn't a cheap proposition, however I intend to keep my aero for a very long time and I feel pretty strongly it might pay for itself over the long haul.

You seemed to have spent some real time on this question - would really appreciate your thoughts.

Reply to
Dexter J

Yes, I am familiar. The ISAT scan tool is prohibitively expensive, as in several thousands of dollars. There is no way that you will be able to justify the expense to buy one. Perhaps your best bet is to locate an independant SAAB wrench that will do just what you ask of them (read and reset codes, etc)

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.