Re: 93 9000 CSET vs 2005 Infinity G 35

In the end I decided to keep the 9000, spruce up the

>interior (the front seats need restiching), get a new stereo, shampoo the >rugs, Lexol the leather, wash and wax it, invest the $25k in commodity >options (gold, silver, oil, uranium - you heard it here last) and save the >environment by consuming less.

Oh sure... next thing you know, you'll be applying this logic to cell phones and realize you don't need a new one every two years, and then computers, and onward from there. Some time soon you'll start to think that you don't need every new idea they come up with to sell you on TV or via the mail.

I don't like where you're going with this. How do you expect the economy to continue to grow if you don't replace everything you own with the latest and greatest every two to three years?

Reply to
still me

Hey Still,

of course all that money will be spent as usual, only on different things. An economy will grow exactly as before, only in a different direction...

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Yep, I can spend it on entertaining women!

Come to think of it though, I saw a commercial that taught me that women only like guys who wear the latest jeans, own the latest electronics, and drive the latest cars, so I'd better go spend my money on that.

Reply to
still me