Re: FS : Electrical Components

Posting HTML-encoded messages in a newsgroups makes it unreadable to well over 50 percent of potential readers. 8-) I'm taking the time to give you some advice on how to get a better response, but you'll find plenty of people who are going to send your message straight to spam databases like Spamcop, etc.

Posting of HTML-encoded messages is very much frowned upon by most people who use Usenet-style newsgroups.

Please always post messages in plaintext. Including links is fine, but make sure they're not wrapped up in HTML!

Also, make sure your posting is relevant! This is a Saab newsgroup - your message contains no content that is within the scope of this newsgroup.

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

I agree,

please STRAIGHT ASCII text only, the same way I write e-mails. I really hate HTML wrapped e-mails and newsgroup postings, so complex to read through.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

From the sounds of it, if it had showed up on my newsqueue, I might have done just that. But, my newsserver does a great job of filtering out spam posts before I see 'em.

I'm guessing he may not read the groups he sends his posts to, but a worthy attempt.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

[...]

Yes, and what adds further insult to injury is when HTML posters thinks they're more advanced than us humdrum ASCII posters... (yuk)

Reply to
Johannes