Re: Pressing Clutch - Gear Stick Jerks

Took the car down to the Saab dealership because things were getting much worse. By yesterday evening the whole car was jerking!

Turns out 2 of the screws bolting the engine to the car body had snapped and the whole engine was see-sawing around. How disconcerting is that!

Damage 120 EURO.

Thanks for all your comments.

-- Shuaib

The model is a 9-3 convertible 2.0l 1997. Never had a chance to figure > out if it was a ditch or not. Based on your assessment, what kind of > costs would I be looking at? > > Cheers > > > Shuaib Rabbani wrote: > > > > > Yesterday I drove over, what I though at the time, was a small ditch > > > in the road. > > > > So at the time you thought it was a small ditch - what did it > > turn out to be? > > > > > > > Some minutes later, the gear stick started behaving strangely. Each > > > time I now attempt to change gear, while grabbing the gear knob and > > > pressing the clutch down causes the gear stick to jerk backwards > > > slightly. > > > > > > Once I have changed gear and released the clutch the symptoms go until > > > I shift upwards again. > > > > It would help if we knew the model/year, but it sounds like you > > have either damaged the gear linkage rubber coupling, or bent > > the gear linkage. You'll need to take a look, but where you look > > depends on the model/year.
Reply to
Shuaib Rabbani

Must've been a hell of a ditch!!

Reply to