Re: Saab-aru?

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:51:02 +0100, skreiv MeatballTurbo :

I've heard that the idea is to get younger drivers into Saabs, as they >do currently in the Impreza models. > >Quite how a teen-early 20's driver affords to insure a turbo car is >beyond me, but they do. > >So I guess it makes sense in a way.

Here in Norway, I pay less for insure my 900 T16 then I payed for my old 900c (100hk 2.0 carb.)...

But another history is the tax I have to pay for the car when I bought he from Sweden, I pay ca. £6000 only in taxes, plus the car... The tax I have to pay just for get norwegian planes on the car.

Reply to
Trond-Arve Hjelle

In britain, insurance for a car is ridiculous (don't know about the rest of the world).

I have seen 17 year old with £500 cars be quoted over £2000 to insure it.

My 900 T16 cost me £300. My insurance when I renew will be £500 Approx, I'm 34, but haven't been driving long.

I had a Skoda with a maximum value of £150 my insurance for that was over £300.

And if you modify the car, you have to inform the insurance. And in a lot of cases they raise the cost of insurance because of this.

Car tax on the other hand is different. my tax is the same as every other over 1.6 litre car. Roughly £165 a year I think.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo