Rear shocks for a c900 which ones?

Hello fellas,

The rear (and I'm sure the fronts as well) shocks have crapped out on my c900. It's a n/a 900s conv which had been neglect abused by the former owner. The Bentley book says only use Saab shocks. I'm currently looking at "Gabriel Ryder" shocks at about 35 US$ per. Has anyone on the either side of the pond tried any of these? The local parts shill has ordered 2 for my inspection 6-27 pm (all right 27-6). Have I mentioned how quickly Harp goes down while researching a question like this?

Saab 900s n/a conv 101k (dang, that quick?)

dave

Reply to
dave

Dave,

I would not replace your shocks with the Garbriel Ryders. For a few more bucks you can buy the OEM Sachs/Boge shocks online (SAAB does not make shocks, they sourced them from Boge) at:

$47 each includes free shipping. Your ride will be as it was designed, and in my experience the OEMs will last longer than Gabriels.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

Not to mention... I think the Gabriels will be disappointing right out of the box. MHE with non "performance" shocks.

Reply to
Bob