Saab 9-3 (1998) Fan A/C continues to run even after ignition is turned off

I would be very grateful for some help. Recently the fan on my Saab 9-3 (turbo, convertible) started misbehaving.

Now whenever I turn off the ignition and even remove the key, the fan continues to run endlessly.

In fact the A/C continues to operate as well. I qualified this by turning the heating on to 25C degrees while the car was running and then turning off the ignition. The fan runs and starts to pump out cool air.

To prevent the battery from draining I removed the fuse for the fan A/C (its a single fuse).

What could be causing this problem - I am hoping to fix it myself rather than a costly encounter at the local dealership?

Mnay thanks in advance.

-- Shuaib

Reply to
srabbani

As a side note, when the car is running, the fan speed is fixed and cannot seem to be altered. The temperature however can be.

Reply to
srabbani