Saab 9-5: oil lamp blinking...

I have a '98 Saab 9-5 2.3 SE, and recently the oil lamp in the dash started blinking at low rpm.

It blinks only when the engine is warm, and if I stop and switch off and switch on again it stops blinking for a while. Needless to say, i checked oil level first (perfect: it was slightly below MAX), then had the oil level sensor replaced, all without results.

Is it the oil pump? Or is it more likely another malfunctioning sensor (oil pressure?)?

Any advice kindly appreciated, since I'm perfectly aware that this is the kind of failure that could make me waste a lot of time and money... :-(

TIA

Reply to
Andrea Parenti

If oil OK, sensor OK, then I would be worried that the oil is not reaching the sensor, i.e. blockage somewhere.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

[snip]

Indeed. I hope there's not a buildup of oil sludge--what kind of oil do you use and how often do you change your oil?

Reply to
quadrun1
[cut]

I's always been MOTUL 8100, regualar changes in 20.000 Km. Now it's 106.000 Km total... The lamp blinks only within 15 min from starting the cold engine.

Reply to
Andrea Parenti

May be the oilfilter. Not properly working "backvalve" Do not know the real english therm... I have hade the same problem with a no original oilfilter.

/hakan

"Andrea Parenti" skrev i meddelandet news:btljpk$85vma$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-107209.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
håkan