saab 900 se headlights

ive just brought a rhd drive saab 900 se but i need to change the headlights to lhd as i live in spain. do i need to change the whole light assembly or just the lenses as i see these have clips to change the lenses. help many thx

Reply to
iainmllr

whole thing. The glass lens doesn't have much to do with the beam cutoff pattern.

Reply to
Fred W

i am, next week, p/xing my 1997 900se turbo and i THINK i have a set of continental units in my loft. i served in germany so had to have continental lights. if you are in uk and interested then email me and i'm sure we can arrange something. but put the cat out in replying.

regards

Reply to
Tigger

Curious - is it the reflector that varies then ?

Reply to
still me

I think it is the angle that the bulb is fitted. I assume that's why the bulb locks in in only one position.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

When I spent some time in Italy & Switz in the early 80s (RHD 900T) I'm sure it was SAAB themselves, in Goteborg, who told me to black out one of the (roughly) triangular lens segments. Can't remember which one but I did it with insulating tape simply stuck on the front, and hey presto. But it was a long time ago, maybe things have changed....

Reply to
sb