saab 93 Wierd Noise

My saab has covered 80,000 miles.The gearchange is occasionally noisy..into

1st and the ir is a strange noise when in neutral which can best be heard by the front wheel arch.If the gearlever is moved slightlt around in neutral it ceases.The noise is prevelant when taking the gas off when travelling...new clutch ? gear linkage ? any help appreciated.
Reply to
peter lister

Is this a Saab 93, or a Saab 9-3? Also, if a 9-3, which engine, which transmission?

in case you're not sure what I mean by "93"... Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I would bet 1USD that it's a 9-3, though ... Any takers? ;) And the

9-3 just says "93" on the trunk. Perhaps the old one should be c93 :)

If the gearlever can be moved around when in neutral, I would assume we're talking about a manual transmission ...

Cheers, Hans

Reply to
Hans L