[Saab_c900] centre consoles for C900's without them

Hi everyone,

What's your opinion on fitting centre consoles to mid-80's and earlier C900's which didn't have them as standard equipment?

From all the info I've been able to gather so far, it appears as though a

centre console from any pre-1990 C900 will fit into an earlier year C900 because all the mounting points, grooves in the lower dash valence, etc are already there.

The only contention would be that the cover over the handbrake/transmission/ignition area would need to be changed to one which joins to a centre console.

Otherwise I think it will work but I'm open to advice...

It would be great to have more than 1 DIN slot available, both for adding extra things like a cup/coin holder, and also for providing room for additional gauges, etc.

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's C900 Site

I had a C900 without the center console. It offered one great feature, the driver could easily move over to the passenger seat which permitted the driver to exit the car on non traffic side. This could be a life saver with people driving while talking on cell phones. Many taxi passengers ask why the traffic side door of a taxi does not open from the inside . . It also makes you wonder why Saturn designed their three door model with the single back seat door opening on the traffic side. What were they thinking?

Reply to
ma_twain

Even better on the old 96 with the totally flat floor.

Reply to
chris