Saab Louvers.

Ah well.... It's louvres over here. Probably so in Canada too.

Wikipaedia has a nice set of articles on the various forms of English btw.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

in article Z%JVe.39850$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net, Jeremy Brown at snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com wrote on 14/09/2005 01:19:

Americans miss spell all sorts of words ending in 're' ... They've done it for so long now that it's almost acceptable as a distinct language :)

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

More of us than of you...who, then, is speaking "standard English", exactly?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Cockney Rhyming Slang is meant to obscure to the gentry, to allow ordinary folks to have a right gossip in the pub...

Reply to
Johannes

Nothing of it, just "grins, ducks and runs" as in makes a comment, ducks the ensuing clip round the ear and runs away.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

You're spoiling my fun, you know that Dave, right?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

To quote Prof' Henry Higgins ...the Americans haven't spoken it for years....

Al

Reply to
Al

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Dave Hinz at snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote on 14/09/2005 18:20:

Miss the smiley, Dave?

From a northerner? I think not! They can keep that gibberish ... and the Queen! As it says ... "ducks" (to duck, thus avoiding a smack) and "runs" (away, thus avoiding the following missiles).

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

sorry :)

Reply to
David Taylor

Northerner and gibberish - hmm, can you say "Speaking geordie" without using the word gibberish? ;)

Reply to
David Taylor

I once subscribed to Saab Owners Club (SOC) and got their bi-monthly magazine. However, I found that nothing was going on in my area, most of the club activities were in the North.

Reply to
Johannes

Hmmm, the "The English" speak "Standard english", that is whom.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Er, "whom"?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I think I got it right? God I hate my native langauge. So subtley complex to catch out wary foreigners.

Then makes life difficult for even one of the better educated of it's own.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I think so too.

Tssk . Its own. ;-) It's = it is

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Is it not some 'Murphy's rule' or 'law' that you make spelling/grammar errors in comments on other people's writing?

Reply to
MH

Well, you people came up with it, after all. I tend to just, you know, use another word when I get caught up in that who-vs-whom quandry.

Like English people, you mean? I'm blaming you, personally, for all this. Just so you know.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

oops

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Yes.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Bakc of the queue. Take a ticket, there are enough people infront doing the same thing ;)

Reply to
NeedforSwede2