Sonett Weber carb needed

Hey all,

I'm looking for a cheap place to buy a new Weber 34 ICT carburetor, (for a '72 Sonett).

Thanks in advance,

Mike in Florida

Reply to
MikeinFla

Just search on Ebay or google for it, and you will find several new ones for around US$150. If you can get a later (1977- ) inlet manifold for the 95/96, you can also use the two stage Weber 32/36 DGV series (DGEV or DGAV) or the Solex 32 TDID (as was used standard on the '77+ 95 and 96 in the European market) . You will have to adapt the air filter housing as there is not enough space under the engine cover. In all cases you will also have to have the carb rejetted for your 1700 cc engine. The Solex will work as is, but was used on the 1500 version.

For a lot more information on this type of conversion, and other vintage SAABs check out

MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

MH

For a Solex in a Sonett project see

more specific;

-- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

MH

Motorsport Service probably has them, and possibly other options you haven't considered. They're in New England somewhere, I have the contact info at home if you can't find them. Jack Ashcroft might be another source.

What's your project, Mike? Sounds like fun. Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

.....or check out WestofSweden in Virginia - it will be properly jetted.

Reply to
Nilsa & Barry