Weber Carb.

Hi all Can anyone tell me where in the Durango or Cortez, CO area I can get a Weber carburetor jetted for high altitude wheeling? I have been on the phone with several different Tech. Support people over the past few weeks. The best I can get out of them is that I need to go to Colorado and see how it runs and then call them and they will determine which jets I need and send them to me. My Jeep and I would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks

Dan

Reply to
Dan

It is very easy to replace jets in a weber, why not take some with you? I have a weber on my Goldwing motorcycle, jetted for where I live at 3800 feet, and I lost plenty of power on the passes between Durango and Ouray last month, but that is normal. Had I intended to spend more than a few hours over 9000 ft, I would have gone up 2 sizes on the air correction, and down 2 on the mains for a start.

Reply to
Paul Calman

I used to have Webers on my straight six '61 Chevy -three 45 DCOE sidedrafts-I wound up with a _lot_ of jets and emulsuion tubes!

If you only have one, I would get a spare carb so you can swap them out quickly. If you sniff around used Webers can be had cheaply- I bought my three with Austin Healey manifolding and linkage for nearly nothing and sold the manifolding for almost what I paid for the whole mess. I made my own Chevy mainfolding, fuel rail, and linkages-took much of a summer, but that's how I learned to weld, cut, and tap threads. And it was all indoor work-you stay inside in the summer in Las Vegas!

Reply to
Bret Ludwig