spinning shift knob 93 9000 CSET

The shift knob & shaft are turning in my hand when I shift. Is there an adjustment somewhere?

Reply to
solarsell

Yes I had that one too; I recently replaced the gear knob. It's also a MOT failure. Actually someone replaced it for me. This does require some skill as the gear know is not meant to come off easily.

Reply to
johannes

MOT failure: Really? What is the reasoning behind that?

Richard

Reply to
Richard

to do with control of the car.

Reply to
johannes

You poor guys. The MOT Czar is really picky. In my State, I can have a blinking SRS, check engine light, ABS on and still pass inspection.

Reply to
yaofeng

Sounds like it's just "collecting a fee" then instead of inspecting :-)

Reply to
still me

It is also free I forgot to mention. Or rather we paid through the State income tax or insurance or gas tax. I rather like the no nonsense approach to car inspection. They looked at the safety related items only. Let's see if the check engine light causes your car to break down, it won't run. ABS light? Plenty many cars on the road still do not have ABS so why pick on it when it is not working. The regular brake still works. SRS light? Seat belt alone is sufficient. Plus many cars still do not have airbags.

Reply to
yaofeng

It is probably because all cars have a sort of "type / model" approval when their initial safety tests. The MOT just means: "It is still as safe as with the original test"...

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

There must be. My mechanic fixed mine. I'll ask him next time I see him.

Reply to
Hang Bush the War Criminal