Sticky Reverse

I have a 1996 Saab with 120K miles and it is annoyingly difficult to put into reverse. How easy/expensive is this to fix or is this sign of a terminal gearbox problem, or clutch? Please email me with useful suggestions.

Reply to
Kengarden

If this were a Classic, I would say put in 3rd first then reverse, but this is an NG model. I assume Saab changed the transmission with the NG models, but you what assume means. I know your car has a cable activated clutch, but that is the extent of my experience with the NG manual transmission.

Reply to
ma_twain

It need not be the end, the box might just need a bit of adjusting. Best leave that to your dealer.

Only if you pay me ;-)

Usenet is about sharing knowledge, not something like a free helpdesk dropping solutions on demand in your mailbox.

Reply to
Zweef®