the car is okey dokey...

Jeez. I bought a new car and went with a '00 9-5 and have been super-pleased with everything from the comfort to the performance. I got a loaner though from the dealership today for the week and on the highway back this evening discovered the magical horsepower upgrade from the '00 to the '04 arc. Anyone know what the numbers are specifically? I test drove a couple of aeros before settling for the regular 9-5 (if I had an aero I'd drive like an a#*$$#@). The aero was phenomonal (that really does deserve an all-caps too). But the '04 non-aero 9-5 is also freakishly fast...

70 on the highway and screw "overtaking power" I stepped on the gas and only realized I was going too fast when the 90+ portion of the speedo lit up, my wife looked over commented about how the horse upgrade may have been worth it, and all I could have said to any officer who would have pulled me over and written me an enormous ticket would have been, "I didn't mean to..."

I had to brake excessively to get back to 20 over....

I had no idea.

Reply to
Josh

For the US market the Arc was upgraded from the heavy 200hp 3.0L V6 to the light 220hp 2.3L inline 4. If the '00 didn't have the V6 then it would be 170hp.

The 220hp 2.3L inline 4 is the same engine as the Aero, but with different software (reducing the power output from 250hp to 220hp).

Reply to
Goran Larsson