9000 Ecopower hose problem

I have a problem with my '94 9000 CSE.

In the past couple of days I have noticed a serious lack of power - like the turbo isn't working (it's an ecopower). When I looked in the engine compartment I found that there is a loose pipe under and to the right of the intake manifold. Having flipped through the Haynes manual I think it is the pressure hose from the turbocharger. I did a search on Google and people seem to have had a problem with this pipe coming loose - however in my case the pipe is still connected to a piece of metal tube which seems to have broken away from the manifold itself. I did try reinsterting the pipe which restored the power briefly before it popped out again.

So I have two questions -

  1. Should I avoid driving the car until this is fixed.

  1. How big a job is the repair likely to be? Is the garage going to spin me a story about needing a whole new manifold/engine/car or should it be fairly simple?

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

PK

Reply to
9000CSE

Depends on what's broken - are we talking about a big pipe - i.e. the throttle body?

A picture (not posted to the group, uploaded somewhere, or even emailed to me) would be a good start.

Reply to
Grunff

As suggested, here are a couple of links to photos of the pipe.

Thanks again,

PK

Reply to
9000CSE

I had a look at my 93' 9000 CSE, it looks somewhat different. There are two ~20mm pipes, one goes to the Air Idler Valve and another goes to (i guess) the crank case for drawing out fumes. Anyway, you have identified the problem area; obviously any hose in that area need to be air tight, so you should replace as necessary. You can drive to the garage if the car is driveable, but watch temperature and don't delay too long.

Johannes htp://sizefitter.com

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Thanks Johannes - all is working fine now.

Piers

Reply to
9000CSE