This newsgroup seems to be mirrored to web sites

This newsgroup seems to be mirrored to web sites

Which ones are mirrored from this?

SG

Reply to
SG

Many. With google archiving Usenet, I never understood why people would do it, but they do.

Hard to know (or care).. Can you tell me why it would matter?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Aggregators brother Dave - they skim the News Net for content (usually automatically) and sell click-through advertising around it. It is why I 'times some' don't bother to proof and occasionally leave a word or three out.

I'd be better with it if they left the signature on the post - most don't.

Reply to
Dexter J

TSN (aka SP Inc.) has, I believe, been mirroring this group for ages - and I bet Scott has it set up so that posts from people like myself, who are banned from accessing his site, are conveniently 'disposed' so they don't appear in group archives! 8-)

So not only are his site's policies offensive, he 'steals' content from this newsgroup to make his site appear to be more bona-fidely supporting the grass-roots Saab enthusiast. Guess that'a a matter of personal opinion.

Not sure. A couple of Saab mailing lists I run mirror into this group but not the other way around.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Well, I just checked, and yes he does maintain an archive of A.A.S. But you'll be surprised (if not pleased) to note that they do not clip off any signatures (even yours Craig) and so your links to your personal web site, the one that got you banned from that site to begin with, continue to be prominently displayed on any of your posts.

Yes, it seems it would be hard to "steal" something that is already in the public domain. One might argue that he is providing a public service...

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Thanks for that - I wasn't sure since I can't access it to have a look and see for myself.

Agreed, but it's not truly in the public domain when free and unfettered access to archive is not available to everyone who'd like to access it. 8-) It's therefore a 'limited' public service. Whatever that actually means in an Internet context...

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site