Using throttle position sensor to trigger water spray?

Saab nutters,

Recently I came by a decent home brewed intercooler water sprayer. I have temporarily hookws it to the windscreen washer reservoir and installed it on my 9000 2.0T APC. It is temporarily controlled by a switch dangling out of the dash. This was just to prove that it worked (which it did). It makes quite a noticeable difference.

The dash switch is a pain in the arse. I was thinking that on the 2.0T APC cars, the throttle position switch has a full throttle output signal. I figure if I connect a relay to this signal it should also do the job - with the advantage of pre-spraying the intercooler before the boost rises.

Does anyone have any experience of triggering a sprayer this way and whether I would need to use a transisor to switch the relay (I don't want to load the circuit at all in case something it is connected to doesn't like it).

Reply to
ShazWozza