Viggen Tuning

Hi, I have a 2001 Viggen. Where can I get information about tuning it for more performance? For example, I would like to speed its 0 - 60 to around 4.5 seconds.

/l

Reply to
lacka_dacka

I think you'd be hard pressed to get it to 4.5 out of the Viggen. It's already mighty fast and if you upped the power too much, you'll probably just end up smoking the front tires. But....if you are looking for info, check out

Plenty of info in there. You can get over 400hp if you want.

Reply to
WitchDr

Thanks... is it largely the frontwheel drive that limits the 0-60 performance?

Also, what will the 400hp buy me that the current 250hp cant get me?

/l

Reply to
lacka_dacka

I would guess that FWD is the limiter. But...400hp would do some good things for you after 2nd gear;) The Vig is hard to beat in the 40-80mph arena.

400hp would put you past 120 realllllly quick.
Reply to
WitchDr

Awesome... exactly the info I needed... I searched saabnet.com, but could not find any relevent article on how to get my viggen to go to

400hp... do you have the link?

Any place in the San Jose/Bay Area of CA that would do this for me?

/l

Reply to
lacka_dacka

They can do it at a price.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

An example of what Maptun can do to a Viggen.

You can take it further yourself.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

You would have to get a limited-slip like a Quaife to handle that power. Plus stronger half shafts. Etc.

Reply to
SD

Thanks... Does anyone know a mechanic or a shop in the California SF/Bay Area that can install this and do this modification for me... I dont know how to do it myself.

/l

Reply to
lacka_dacka

In addition to engine tuning, you need to change the suspension quite a bit to (attempt to) handle this much power in a FWD car. The aforementioned Saabnet has a Performance BB when people who like to do this stuff hang out.

I honestly don't think you want or need to go over 300HP. Even keeping that on the ground sill be a challenge. Past 300 is into serious mods.

Reply to
Bob