wanted - saab special press tool 89 95 409 for c900 balljoints

Does anyone have one of the Saab 89 95 409 special press tool used for balljoint work on classic 900's? I already have one similar tool that I have used for steering tie-rod ends multiple times, but it doesn't work with the lower balljoints because there isn't enough clearance between the top of the balljoint shaft and the outer CV to get the tool over the shaft end.

The Saab tool is made differently to give enough clearance but they're ultra-rare beasties.

Does anyone have one for sale? 8-) While I'm at it, does anyone have any of the 83 93 209 upper control arm spacer tools available?

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

The original ball joint pressing tool 8995409 was superseded to 8996696, as the original tool was as much use as a chocolate teapot. The main problem was that if you did not fully remove the nut in the first place it became very difficult to remove the nut after the taper was broken because of corrosion on the threads and it was difficult to hold the peg of the joint to prevent turning. The easier method is to remove the two through bolts on the lower joint, remove the nut on the cv and then swing the hub outwards, thus allowing access for a more sturdy ball joint tool. The upper arm spacer tool is still available in the UK priced at £9.83, If you are stuck for one I can order it for you, Regards, Tom, Saabtech.

Reply to
Tom

Keeping in mind I know nothing of classic 900's... on my NG 900 there is a similar issue. I ended up using a smaller pitman arm or tie rod type tool to remove the BJ.

Reply to
- Bob -