West Yorkshire, UK Meet-up - 1st April

Where? The Yorkshire Sculpture Park, West Bretton, just off the M1, south of Wakefield.

Why? ... And it's a nice country park, family friendly, educational, good local pubs for lunch and perhaps a nice drive in the afternoon taking in a couple of West Yorkshire's famous landmarks:

See for more details.

I think we intend to meet after 10am, stay around until after lunchtime to allow any church go-ers, or stragglers to catch up and the take off for a drive mid afternoon ... Then home :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

*makes note to ask the boss*

*reminds self that it's the Wedding Anniversary on the 2 April*

Reply to
DervMan

in article 45ffb5ff$0$28977$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk, DervMan at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on 20/03/2007 10:22:

Propose the event as educational and she'll agree :)

Congratulations for the day! Many happy years, I trust.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Any tunnels?!? ;-))

You will be bringing the legendary Orca I take it?

Seriously, may be able to make it, but need to check with good lady. She is abandoning me on Saturday to go on a girly trip up the Smoke so I think I should be able to swing the morning at least!!

Al

(To anyone considering this, don't consider it......... just do it, I thoroughly enjoyed the last one and can recommend the company)

Reply to
Al

in article YQgMh.192236$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Al at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 21/03/2007 20:46:

There's a couple of bridges that go under the M1 :) Actually, you must have inspected them at some point?

I will ... Still no velvet headliner, though ... I really need to pull my finger out. I will try to get the wheels swapped over for my Imperial Stormtrooper Super Incas :)

Hope so ...

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

in article C224A3E4.7D5C% snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk, Paul Halliday at snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 19/03/2007 20:32:

Final call for the West Yorkshire SAAB Meet-Up. We'll be meeting today at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park from 10AM. Lunch will be held at the West Bretton Institute and a tour of the local landmarks will take place in the afternoon.

All welcome ...

Bring your own lunch, some outdoor clothes and have a full tank of petrol (or diseasel if your car is so inclined) :)

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Pah sorry I can't make it any more. I should have said when I found out last weekend I'm on duty today.

Besides, petrol is thin, weany stuff, there's nothing like sniffing your diesel-stained fingers after a fill up... :o)

Reply to
DervMan

So!

How did it go?