wet 99 99-3 remote waterlogged

My 18 month old son threw one set of keys with the fob into his bath. I dried out the fob and replaced the battery but it still won't work. Is there anything that can be done or is a new fob required? I still have the 2nd fob. I am a bit surprised it won't work since mobile phones often work after water damage. Anyone got any suggestions?

thx

templenoe

Reply to
Templenoe

Yeah, they'll do that. Mine got the cellphone last week.

Well, there's some hope. Disassemble it completely, and wash it again with clear, clean water. Allow to air dry or use a hair dryer on low heat to slowly dry it out. Make sure you get the switches too.

Trade you a broken mobile phone (thanks to an 17 month old son) for your broken remote control? But seriously, re-wash it, dry it out, and hope for the best. Make sure that if this one doesn't come back, you get it replaced, because if you lose or break your last remote, things get very expensive.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

If you duct tape his hands together he won't be able to pick up objects and throw them in the tub...

Reply to
Fred W

Truer words have never been spoken.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I agree, but spend .79 on a gallon of distilled water and use that.

Reply to
Bob